Kdb+ SUPPORT SERVICESSupport is typically the most time-critical component of an application’s lifecycle. Issues arising during the development phase may affect project deadlines but the impact of those arising in production can extend to the business’s P/L and its reputation. Swift diagnosis and resolution of issues is of paramount importance when users and downstream processes are dependent on the system. Therefore, timely and comprehensive support is vital. Kx offers a range of annual support contracts and coverage options in terms of timezone and on-site/off-site presence.
BENEFITS OF Kx TECHNOLOGY SUPPORT
- Cost Effective: We can guarantee to save you significant development time with the support service. An issue can stall development for days or possibly weeks we can resolve immediately. In a large percentage of cases code supplied via a support ticket completes a major piece of development in a matter of minutes.
- Security: Whilst it is possible to send support questions to public Kx forums and list boxes these are public forums and offer no security. The Kx online support is a totally secure medium for exchange of market sensitive information.
- Guaranteed Response: Kx guarantees a response to all issues raised. Such reliability cannot be assumed from volunteer-based list boxes and support forums and its absence can compromise IT departments who may have internal SLAs with business units.
- Access to the best collective group of q programmers worldwide: Kx support queries are distributed to all our Kx consultants where the most qualified person for any given issue generally provides an answer. This results in a faster turnaround time for responses.
- Online History of Support Issues: Our online Quality Manager maintains a history of all support questions for each customer
|Initial platform setup||Query construction and Optimization|
|Initial database design||SQL integration|
|Interfacing Kx with real time data sources e.g. Reuters||Interfacing Kx with other languages such as .net, Java, Matlab, Excel and Perl|
|Database administration||ODBC connectivity|
|Code deployment and "Best practice" tips||DB maintenance tools|
|Import of in house and 3rd party Analysis libraries||Access to Kx's extensive in house code library|
|Data import from external sources such as Oracle||Ad-hoc Queries (see adjacent samples)|
The basis for Kx Technology is a unique integrated platform which includes a high-performance historical time-series columnar database called kdb+, an in-memory compute engine, and a real-time streaming processor all unified with an expressive query and programming language called q.
Designed from the start for extreme scale, and running on industry standard servers, the kdb+ database has been proven to solve complex problems faster than any of its competitors.LEARN MORE