Kx FOR SENSORS
Kx for Sensors provides a high-performance, cost-effective sensor and meter data historian and analytics platform. Using Kx for Sensors, utilities and application solutions providers gain situational awareness, with the ability to make real-time decisions across operations, business and customer facing systems.
PERFORMANCEKx for Sensors, powered by the world’s fastest time-series database, kdb+, handles millions of events and measurements per second with nanosecond precision, whilst simultaneously managing gigabytes to petabytes of historical data with ease.
• Ingest and process millions of sensor measurements per second
• Validate and estimate sensor and meter data at millions of readings per second
• Aggregate billions of measurement records in seconds
• Fulfill query responses in microseconds
• Store and analyze trillions of records
• Scale both vertically and horizontally
ANALYTICSVisualize and explore your data with a comprehensive suite of graphical tools and dashboards that provide powerful OLAP drill-down capabilities with low-latency response.
• Provide analysis, alerts and reports on streaming and historical data
• Combine historical and real-time data for fault and anomaly detection, and make more timely and accurate predictions
• Analyze data from millions of devices combined with weather, generation and asset data in order to forecast consumption and predict asset failures and events
• Analyze data from assets to identify faults, predict potential failures and plan maintenance
UTILITY IT/OT PROCESSESKx for Sensors provides functionality to power the next generation of utility analytics applications and systems, including; ADMS, Settlement, Meter Data Management, OMS and high performance data warehouses or data marts. With Kx for Sensors:
• Process complex events, perform aggregations, and provide alerts and reports
• Validate, estimate, filter, and cleanse to deliver data for billing and operation purposes
• Synchronize master and reference data with billing, asset and other systems
• Maintain a bitemporal model of assets, sensors, services and relationships enabling historical analysis of events and activities.
• Integrate with billing, settlement, outage, asset, market and customer engagement systems
• Manage data with security, auditing, logging, on-line archive and compression functions
INTEROPERABILITYKx for Sensors enable integration with legacy systems and multiple data sources to either augment or replace existing historians and allowing you to extend and customize your data analytics applications to support your unique requirements.
• Use a connector framework to integrate with IT/OT systems, including SCADA, AMI, MDM, OMS, EMS, and ADMS
• APIs for .NET, Java, C, C++, Python, R, ODBC, Matlab, and Excel
• APIs for synchronizing master and reference data with other systems, including assets, locations, sensors and sensor measurements, with built in-audit trails
INDUSTRIAL IoTBecause if its small footprint Kx can be used to perform analytics at the point where data is collected by only collecting the data which has been determined to be useful by the tag or sensor.
• Kx can be installed on small appliances and Industrial IoT gateways.
• Complex Event Processing (CEP) can be performed on the data drawn in from sensors with sub-millisecond latencies.
• Data can be forwarded securely to a centralized location for consolidated analysis and situational awareness.
The basis for Kx Technology is a unique integrated platform which includes a high-performance historical time-series columnar database called kdb+, an in-memory compute engine, and a real-time streaming processor all unified with an expressive query and programming language called q.
Designed from the start for extreme scale, and running on industry standard servers, the kdb+ database has been proven to solve complex problems faster than any of its competitors.LEARN MORE