Digital North, Manchester Meetup
16 May 2018, 5:30 pm
Digital Gurus 3rd Floor,Tootal House 19 Spring Gardens · Manchester
Since the company’s inception, Kx’s singular goal has been to provide its customers with the fastest, most efficient, and most flexible tools for processing real-time and historical data. This focus has enabled us to become the worldwide leader in high-volume, high-performance databases.
Kx Technology is an integrated platform that includes a high-performance historical time-series column-store database, an in-memory compute engine, and a real-time event processor all with a unifying expressive query and programming language. Designed from the start for extreme scale, and running on industry standard servers, Kx Technology has been proven to solve complex problems faster than any of its competitors.
Kx Tech Fund
Unlock new markets with Kx. Entrepreneurs who are seeking to build disruptive technology and bring it to market quickly have the opportunity to access business support and finance of up to £10m. For more information, Click here
We invite you to explore a career within our Data Science practice, where we take seriously our commitment to stimulate, challenge, develop, reward and care for our employees. Whether you are a recent graduate with a desire to kick-start your career or an experienced technologist seeking a new challenge – Kx offers prospects to match your potential. For more information, Click here
We are excited to announce that we will be speaking at the next Digital North Meetup on Wednesday 16th of May.
Join us for an evening of exciting talks from Data Science industry leaders and experts with pizza and beers.
Peter Denby – Senior Vice President, Retail @ Kx Systems – “‘How Data & AI are enabling the retail revolution”
We hope to see you there!
• Carl Austin – CTO @ bjss – “Avoiding Automated Exclusion”
• Craig Griffin – Head of Engineering @ BookingGo – “Building a Culture”
• Alastair Brown – CTO @ BrightHR
• Cheryl Edwards & Kevin Murray – Delivery Directors @ Valtech UK – “Setting tech up to succeed.”
• Llara Geddes- Head of UX @ Beauty Bay – “Is technology killing creativity?”
• Richard Allen and David Postle – Delivery Directors @ Infinity Works – “Small Team, Big Delivery”
• Claudia Wootten – Lead Product Owner Unified Communications @ Department for Work & Pensions – “Ubiquitous Collaboration – How Technology is Changing the Way We Work”
• Peter Denby – Senior Vice President, Retail @ Kx Systems – “‘How data & AI are enabling the retail revolution”
If you are interested in this event, please register your interest here or on the Digital North page here: https://www.meetup.com/Digital_North_/events/hrlhqpyxhbvb/
- 5:30 pm - Registration opens, arrival drinks, food and networking
- 6:30 pm - 4 lightning talks with 5 min questions from the forum (circa 6 - 10 minutes each)
- 7:15 pm - Break
- 7:45 pm - 4 lightning talks with 5 min questions from the forum
- 8:30 pm - Networking + drinks