(11 July 2019) Kx, a division of First Derivatives, announces the release of upgraded versions of the Kx Enterprise Platform, Kx Dashboards, Kx Developer Tools and Kx Machine Learning.
This combined release, containing over 100 new features, encompasses enhancements to the full suite of developer and end-user products from Kx, and further solidifies Kx technology’s position as the leading platform for high volume, high velocity, big data solutions.
Key highlights of the release include:
Kx Enterprise Platform
- New Service Class framework to support elastic scaling for non-deterministic workloads
- Enhanced query routing functionality to allow for greater control and more efficient execution of high frequency queries.
- Extended Single Sign On support via SAML for secure authentication
- Programmable API for user management
- Plugins for Kafka and Python
- New chart types including scatter plots and advanced tree maps
- Improvements to GeoMap functionality including new map styles
- Increased user control over dashboard layout
- Pre-built sample dashboards now included in release package
- Dashboards Project Template for bootstrapping new applications
Kx Developer Tools
- Command Line Interface for developer tools including code profiling, code coverage, editor linting, and markdown documentation generation
- Extended integration with Git for source code control
- IDE support for Python
- Recallable command history
- Data visualizations now available in-IDE and within Data Transformer tool
Kx Machine Learning Toolkit
- Distributed processing framework to distribute algorithms over multiple processes
- Cross-validation procedures to enable automatic splitting of data into training and validation sets.
- Grid search functions to find most optimal model parameters
- Faster feature extraction
- Enhanced integration with Python’s Pandas library including automatic conversion of temporal data types.
Mark Sykes, Chief Technology Officer of First Derivatives, commented: “These upgrades deliver improvements to the performance, integration and usability of Kx technology, which includes updates to the enterprise platform as well as our range of products and toolkits. We have focused on adding new machine learning capabilities which can now be leveraged by our customers and embedded in our industry solutions, and our enterprise platform continues to break new ground with its record performance attributes. Of particular note are the enhancements to features specifically designed for cloud deployments, as well as new interfaces to a range of third-party tools, giving our customers more choices than ever when deploying our platform in the cloud, on premises, and in hybrid cloud environments.”
Kx is a division of First Derivatives a global technology provider with more than 20 years of experience working with some of the world’s largest finance, technology, retail, pharma, manufacturing and energy institutions. Kx technology, incorporating the kdb+ time-series database, is a leader in high-performance, in-memory computing, streaming analytics and operational intelligence. Kx delivers the best possible performance and flexibility for high-volume, data-intensive analytics and applications across multiple industries. The Group operates from 15 offices across Europe, North America and Asia Pacific, including its headquarters in Newry, and employs more than 2,400 people worldwide.
For more information about Kx please visit www.kx.com. For general enquiries, write to . For press inquiries, write to .