Kx for Manufacturing
Kx for Manufacturing provides a high-performance, cost-effective sensor data historian and analytics platform. It is a platform for ingesting, processing, and analyzing real-time, streaming and historical data from industrial equipment sensors and enterprise systems.
Powered by the world’s fastest time-series in-memory and columnar database, Kx is able to handle millions of events and measurements per second, gigabytes to petabytes of historical data, with nanosecond resolution, more efficiently and cost-effectively than any available alternatives — thus accelerating your evolution into Industry 4.0.
Kx is a single integrated software platform enabling quick, easy implementation and low TCO. It can be deployed on premises, in the cloud or as a hybrid configuration to suit client and regulatory needs.
The ever-increasing number of connected devices, sensors and tags in the manufacturing process is creating a colossal amount of data for organizations to process, analyze and store. Most current manufacturing execution systems struggle with the bottlenecks which emanate from this new abundance of data.
With its superior columnar-structured time-series database and q, its integrated query language, Kx can allow you to scale anywhere from thousands to hundreds of millions of sensors, at any measurement frequency whilst maintaining extremely high levels of performance.
- Ingest and process 4.5 million sensor measurements and events per second per core
- Aggregate billions of measurement records in seconds.
- Fulfill query responses in microseconds
- Store and analyze trillions of records
- Scale both vertically and horizontally
- Provide alerts, reports, and analysis on streaming and historical data
- Visualize your data with Dashboards for Kx
- A comprehensive suite of graphical tools with powerful OLAP drill-down capabilities
- Capture, analyze and store high frequency time-series data from thousands of sensors to compare with historical data for fault and anomaly detection
- Combine historical and real-time data to make decisions from multiple streams
- Support any sensor measurement, measurement frequency, tags and attributes, with nanosecond precision and time-based aggregations
- Analyze data from machines and entire plants to identify faults, predict potential failures, plan maintenance to maximize up-time and throughput
- Assess the performance of entire plants and machines in real-time and feed data into predictive and machine learning models
- Support sensors generating measurements and events a few times to millions of times per second
- Make data and analytics available to ERP and asset management systems
- Kx technology integrates with legacy systems and multiple data sources, allowing you to either augment or replace existing historians
- A connector framework simplifies integration and coexistence with your existing manufacturing systems, including MES, ERP, and SPC
- Transition from your current historian to the world’s fastest; make existing bottlenecks and latency issues a thing of the past
- APIs for .NET, Java, C, C++, Python, R, ODBC, Matlab and Excel
- Perform analytics at the point where data is collected. Only collecting the data which has been determined to be useful by the tag or sensor
- Complex Event Processing (CEP) can be performed on the data drawn in from these sensors on the ‘edge’ with sub-millisecond CEP latencies
- Data can be forwarded securely to a centralized location for consolidated analysis and situational awareness
- Due to its light footprint (500kb), Kx can perform CEP and store data locally when installed on smaller appliances and industrial IoT gateways
Featured Resources for Manufacturing