Kx FOR MANUFACTURING
Kx for Manufacturing is a high-performance, cost-effective sensor data historian and analytics platform for ingesting, processing, and analyzing real-time, streaming and historical data from industrial equipment sensors and enterprise systems. The platform is powered by, Kx, the world’s fastest time-series database.
Kx for Manufacturing FlyerDOWNLOAD
WHY Kx FOR MANUFACTURING?
Kx can handle millions of events and measurements per second, gigabytes to petabytes of historical data, with nanosecond resolution, more efficiently and cost-effectively than any available alternatives — thus accelerating your evolution into Industry 4.0. It can be deployed on premises, in the cloud or as a hybrid configuration to suit client and regulatory needs.
PERFORMANCEThe ever-increasing number of connected devices, sensors and tags in the manufacturing process is creating a colossal amount of data for organizations to process, analyze and store. Most current manufacturing execution systems struggle with the bottlenecks which emanate from this new abundance of data. With its superior columnar-structured time-series database and q, its integrated query language, Kx enables you to scale anywhere from thousands to hundreds of millions of sensors, at any measurement frequency whilst maintaining extremely high levels of performance.
• Ingest and process 4.5 million sensor measurements and events per second per core.
• Aggregate billions of measurement records in seconds.
• Store and analyze trillions of records.
• Scale both vertically and horizontally.
ANALYTICSKx for Manufacturing supports all sensor measurements, tags and attributes to all measurement frequencies at nanosecond precision. A comprehensive library of time-based aggregation function support analytics, reports and alerts on streaming and historical data. Accompanying HTML Dashboards provide rich visualization and query capabilities on results across multiple devices.
• Capture, analyze and store high frequency time-series data from thousands of sensors to compare with historical data for fault and anomaly detection.
• A comprehensive suite of graphical tools with powerful OLAP drill-down capabilities.
• Combine historical and real-time data to make decisions from multiple streams.
INDUSTRIAL IoTUse Kx for Manufacturing to analyze data from machines and entire plants to identify faults, predict potential failures, plan maintenance to maximize up-time and throughput.
• Assess the performance of entire plants and machines in real-time and feed data into predictive and machine learning models.
• Support sensors generating measurements and events a few times to millions of times per second.
• Make data and analytics available to ERP and asset management systems.
INTEROPERABILITYKx technology integrates with legacy systems and multiple data sources, allowing you to either augment or replace existing historians.
• A connector framework simplifies integration and coexistence with your existing manufacturing systems, including MES, ERP, and SPC.
• APIs for .NET, Java, C, C++, Python, R, ODBC, Matlab and Excel.
• Transition from your current historian to the world’s fastest time series database makes existing bottlenecks and latency issues a thing of the past.
EDGEBecause if its small footprint Kx can be used to perform analytics at the point where data is collected by only collecting the data which has been determined to be useful by the tag or sensor.
• Complex Event Processing (CEP) can be performed on the data drawn in from these sensors on the ‘edge’ with sub-millisecond CEP latencies.
• Data can be forwarded securely to a centralized location for consolidated analysis and situational awareness.
• Due to its light footprint (600kb), Kx can perform CEP and store data locally when installed on smaller appliances and industrial IoT gateways.
Featured Resources for Manufacturing
The basis for Kx Technology is a unique integrated platform which includes a high-performance historical time-series columnar database called kdb+, an in-memory compute engine, and a real-time streaming processor all unified with an expressive query and programming language called q.
Designed from the start for extreme scale, and running on industry standard servers, the kdb+ database has been proven to solve complex problems faster than any of its competitors.LEARN MORE
The performance is built in.
The ever-increasing number of connected devices, sensors and tags in the manufacturing process is creating a colossal amount of data for organizations to process, analyze and store. Most current manufacturing execution systems struggle with the bottlenecks which emanate from this new abundance of data. With its superior columnar-structured time-series database and q, its integrated query language, Kx enables you to scale anywhere from thousands to hundreds of millions of sensors, at any measurement frequency whilst maintaining extremely high levels of performance.
• Ingest and process 4.5 million sensor measurements and events per second per core
• Aggregate billions of measurement records in seconds.
• Store and analyze trillions of records
• Scale both vertically and horizontally
Getting bigger without getting slower.
The design of kdb+ allows it to easily scale horizontally and vertically as data volumes grow, without losing performance.
Banks, trading firms and financial institutions have used Kx technology for lightning fast processing of vast amounts of data for over two decades, before the phrase "Big Data" was even coined.
Today sectors including retail, utilities, telecommunications, pharmaceutical, oil and gas, and genome research are adopting kdb+ to solve their Big Data problems as they find more stack-based architectures are proving too expensive and slow to scale efficiently.
On disk. In memory. Streaming.
For many businesses, the promise of Big Data analytics was the ability to use both streaming and the vast amounts of historical data effectively.
However, the reality found by many is having to install a stack of different solutions from different vendors. Each layer in the stack brings its own set of compatibility, maintenance, and support issues, often requiring a plethora of different skill sets. Kx Technology can address every part of the data-stream as it passes through the business, in a single unified architecture.
Historical disk-based data, in-memory databases, the complex processing of events, and real-time streams are all managed by Kx using just one underlying technology. Analysis of historical trends can be re-used for real-time analytics, creating tremendous reductions in development time and ongoing maintenance costs.
Kdb+'s exceptional speed in analyzing data, wherever it is stored, enables businesses to visualize its complexities in ways they found impossible before.
More costs less.
When choosing a technology platform, a seemingly difficult balance needs to be achieved between the bottom-line impact of real world costs, and the top-line benefits of rapid delivery, high performance, and ability to meet the changing requirements of the business. Kx Technology demonstrably allows for both, without compromise.
Our market-leading efficiencies of hardware utilization, the lower footprint, the lower maintenance and operational costs coupled with the otherwise unheard of productivity with developing in the kdb+ environment means that a Kx implementation will always work out to be more cost effective than alternatives.
In conjunction with this, the Kx Technology platform has both the tooling and the underlying language, q, that our customers tell us enables for the very rapid development of full solutions, thus delivering to the business the rapid change ability that the top-line demands.
Kx offers a 32-bit version of kdb+ for free so you can try it for yourself and see how powerful and fast it is. This download has all the compatibility and functionality of the full 64-bit version, and is for non-commercial use only. Click below to download Kdb+ today.DOWNLOAD