Kx CONSULTING SERVICES
Our global team of Kx consultants have years of experience in developing, deploying and supporting kdb+ based applications and solutions across multiple industries.
They have been delivered in areas ranging from transaction cost analysis, real-time risk aggregation, visualization, latency analysis and meter reading analysing and across the worlds of finance, pharmaceuticals, oil and gas and utilities.
Whether you are designing a brand new system or undertaking the redesign of an existing architecture, our most experienced consultants can work with you to analyze your needs, estimate the resources you require, and develop a detailed project plan which will allow you to maximize the benefit you receive from this powerful technology.
As a Kx customer you can avail of the expertise of our top quality engineers ranging from junior to senior level and benefit from the flexibility of engagement and breadth of experience that we provide.
|Kx Development Services||Requirements gathering, design, development and delivery of customised kdb+ applications and projects||Access to dedicated skilled kdb+ professionals|
No staff hiring, training or administration overheads
|Application Management||Development, maintenance, scaling, migration and decommissioning of existing in-house kdb+ applications||Scalability and depth of resources for project ramp-up and peak demand|
|Kx Support Services||1st, 2nd and 3rd Line support for bespoke and in-house kdb+ applications||Near Shore time-zone facilitating swift on site deployment, greater cultural alignment and longer business hour overlap|
|Ancillary Services||Project management, testing, release management, production packaging||Improved capacity planning and TCO management of projects and systems|
NEAR SHORE CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE
Kx provides a Centre of Excellence service that covers the full software development life-cycle (“SDLC”) from requirements gathering, design, development, testing, deployment through to post delivery support and maintenance. By assembling experts in each of these areas it taps their collective knowledge and experience to deliver superior quality software and support. It incorporates formal project management methodologies and best practice in terms of account management and governance. Moreover by offering its COE services on a reduced-cost, Near Shore basis it provides further saving across the full spectrum of recruitment, training, IT infrastructure, office space, career planning, HR and management overhead.
NEAR SHORE CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE CASE STUDY
Our client wished to establish a cost effective centre of excellence for kdb+ development and production support to cater for the millions of customer queries sent on a 24/7 basis. This required comprehensive project management skills and in-depth product knowledge, along with expert development skills in technologies such as Shell scripting, UNIX, Perl and Java as well as vast experience using project management tools like JIRA, source code repositories like Perforce, robust regression testing and software release procedures. The service was subsequently extended to other functional groups based on the success of the initial project.
What we did:
- Built a dedicated team, including both on-site and Near Shore team leads that manage a group of highly skilled developers
- Formalized a Service Level Agreement and Business Continuity Plan.
- Established a secure technological and Near Shore office infrastructure, meeting the highest facility standards.
- Ongoing, intensive training of team members on the client’s methodology, development framework and other company practices.
- Knowledge transfer (onsite to Near Shore/offshore)
- Facilitated scaling of developer team size to meet budget/project needs.
- Proximity – Near Shore services facilitate physical and financial ease in travelling to the Near Shore location for training.
- Reduce the dependency upon internal resources.
- Equivalent time zones – Near Shore location is in a similar time zone to the company and crosses between the
- Asian, European and American trading sessions.
- Faster turnaround and increased productivity
- On-call production support 24 hours a day.
The basis for Kx Technology is a unique integrated platform which includes a high-performance historical time-series columnar database called kdb+, an in-memory compute engine, and a real-time streaming processor all unified with an expressive query and programming language called q.
Designed from the start for extreme scale, and running on industry standard servers, the kdb+ database has been proven to solve complex problems faster than any of its competitors.LEARN MORE