17 Jul 2019, 6:30 pm
One Liberty Plaza, 165 Broadway, New York, NY 10006, United States
We are excited to announce that we will be hosting our next NYC meetup on Wednesday 17th July 2019.
The July Meetup is a kdb+ programmer’s night, where Kx engineers will share coding tips and examples with our coding community. We will also learn about Kx Ventures, which is helping tech start-ups and young companies tackle their Big Data problems with kdb+.
We look forward to meeting all of you.
- 6:30 pm - Registration and Networking
- 7:00 pm - Arturas Vaitaitis will speak about a news backtesting framework he is building using kdb+/q, Python and natural language processing to analyze financial news headlines
- 7:15 pm - Kx senior engineer Nuša Žnuderl will present helpful tools for programming in kdb+
- 7:30 pm - Kx engineer Fionnuala Carr will describe the differences between embedPy and PyQ, demonstrate examples of each and discuss how they are being used in the kdb+ community today
- 7:45 pm - Shay McArdle will speak about the strategy behind Kx Ventures and give some examples of how early stage companies are leveraging kdb+ to scale