Kx Workshop Seoul
22 May 2019, 9:30 am
WeWork Seoul Square, Level 4, 416 Hangang-Daero, Jung-gu, Seoul
Kx Workshops are aimed at both a technical and business audience. Developers new to the technology will find the session very useful in gaining a quick guide to many features of the q language. Business managers will gain an understanding of what makes kdb+ different, and will leave with a thorough overview of the power of kdb+ and the range of uses to which it can be put. The workshops are a great way to learn about the technology in a hands on environment where you will solve real business problems.
This one-day hands-on workshop explains how kdb+ and the q language can address today’s data challenges. The program highlights the advantages of using q and its APIs to analyze massive data sets, and extract information to drive business decisions.
Please note that this workshop requires a laptop.
The day has 4 sessions:
Kx, kdb+ and q Overview
• Introduction to Kx, kdb+, q and the challenges of working with big data
• Installation and use of the kdb+ free version and q programming language
• Running q scripts to generate sample databases.
Running and Benchmarking Analytic
This session covers examples and benchmarks of analytics that can be run very quickly over billions of records, including:
• Grouping, aggregations and time-based joins
• Correlations with other data sets
• Daily profiling
• Statistical analysis
Real Time Data and Event Processing
This session explains the management of real-time data feeds, including:
• Publishing, analyzing and storing high volume data
• Performance characteristics of data streams
• Defining event handlers and analytics in real time
• Setting up a feed subscriber to maintain and display real-time metrics
Third Party Interfaces
• Integrating with third party interfaces, including C & Java.
• Importing data from CSV
For more information about Kx Workshops, please contact firstname.lastname@example.orgView other workshops in Korea