Spreading the code.
Kx Systems encourages researchers, students, and instructors at universities around the world to take advantage of the power of kdb+/q with a free academic license for the full 64-bit enterprise version, in addition to the free, smaller-memory-space 32-bit version.
Academics in a wide range of disciplines, from genetics to political science to smart meter analytics to financial modeling, are using kdb+ in their research. Also, several internationally renowned business schools with MFE programs are teaching their students how to build systems in kdb+.
Institutions in the Kx Academic Community include:
- Argonne National Laboratory
- Baruch College - The City University of New York
- Berkeley University of California
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Goethe University Frankfurt
- Harvard Business School
- Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- ICARE Institute
- Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology Mandi
- Moscow State University
- University of Lugano
- University of Southampton
- University of Western Australia
- University of Virginia
- University of Waterloo
- University of Western Ontario
- University of Zurich
If you are associated with an academic institution and would like to request the use of an academic license, please complete our .